Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Laundry soap

Since our move into our condo I have been buying laundry soap. It was not high on my list of things to make myself as it is easy to get "green" cleaning products at our local heath food store. As we are settling in I felt that I had time to start making it again. There are hundreds of homemade laundry soap recipes on the net, both powder and liquid. Most are some variation of soap flakes, borax and washing soda. I made a powder laundry soap, but i'm going to make this liquid version next time to see how it goes.



What you will need:
2 cups of soap flakes, I bought soap flakes but I normally just grate a bar of soap.
1 cup of washing soda
1 cup of borax
10 drops of essential oil, I used peppermint but you can use whatever you like or none at all.

Put all but the oil in to a glass jar and give it a good shake (with the lid on, but you knew that). Add the oil on top of the powder and shake some more. As it sits the oil will spread though the jar and make it smell great. I use about a 1/4 cup per load.



No comments:

Post a Comment